Next step after installing WHMCS

Fastian

Hi guys

I wanted to know from users currently using whmcs that what should be the next step after installation.

Do need to add packages under whm first or in whmcs?

Will you suggest me to add any addon/hacks/modules??

I am not an expert but I am a quick learner. I want to do the whole setup myself (in order to learn things) so your tips will certainly help me a lot. Just point me in right directions :)

Thanks

Fastian

Im far from being an expert either and am learning as I go also....

I am using Cpanel/WHM so some of this first part assumes you are too.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is a WHM import script built into WHMCS but this is for accounts allready present in WHM. It says you need to have WHMCS packages set up exactly the same as each WHM package for the import to work.

Otherwise if you have an empty WHM, or do not plan on adding present accounts to WHMCS, then I do not think it matters which one you do first as far as packages go. Just make sure what you have in WHM is the sames as in WHMCS. And that both are present before you start adding test clients.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have you completed the whole setup? Cron, deleted the install folder, chmod the correct files with correct permissions? All this info was in the manual here at WHMCS and the readme.txt file that came with the zip.

I would recommend you go through all the configurations one by one. Start at general and work your way down. Also look at every link in WHMCS to see what it is used for and why it is there.

As far as mods go, there are a few here in the forum you can check out but I would get the basics done first and the bulk of your site finished and tied to WHMCS. ( I know I couldn't wait either and added some before I should have so if you do too I won't be mad )

Have you started the site itself? Or just installed WHMCS?

Anyway thats all I will add for the time being, good luck with your endevours,

Baja