Licensing Module Question

rgf207

Question

I am interested in purchasing the licensing module for my current WHMCS installation but I have a couple questions regarding its functionality.

1. Can the licensing module or WHMCS core be used to limit the length of time a user has to download the purchased files? For example, I would like the ability to download the software expire 1 year after purchase

2. If yes for #1, can you setup a product or setting to allow the user to resubscribe to download the given file(s) after expiration

3. I would like to have the user's ability to submit support tickets expire, say 1 year, after purchase. Is this possible either with the Licensing addon or WHMCS core.

4. Does the licensing addon allow me to specify required fields when activating a licensed product (I.E. Webstite URL, customer Number, etc?).

Thank you

4 answers to this question

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. Yes. Think about WHMCS.com. There's an annual fee for support & updates

4. Well yes but you should explain it better. Anyway let's say that you want to give 1 year free only to US clients. Make your check in a script and if it fails suspend the license

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. Yes. Think about WHMCS.com. There's an annual fee for support & updates

4. Well yes but you should explain it better. Anyway let's say that you want to give 1 year free only to US clients. Make your check in a script and if it fails suspend the license

Thank you for the answer. Regarding #4, Can I require a user to input the website URL into a custom field when purchasing and check for that value when verifying the license on the call home?

Regarding #4, Can I require a user to input the website URL into a custom field when purchasing and check for that value when verifying the license on the call home?

this can be done using action hook, the answer is yet but you'll need to write few lines of code