Single Dept ticket registration questions

tekone

I have WHMCS cron'd to check my e-mails ever 5 minutes. I sent a test e-mail to a support department to see if it would auto generate a ticket.

I want to advertise sales@domain.com as where to e-mail, but I want WHMCS to log these.

Am I missing a way to have these tickets automatically generate?

Could the fact that I hvave it set so that it set that only registered clients can open tickets effect this if it's already an option?

I poked around. Looks like if the general configuration for support tickets is set to only rgistered customers can create tickets, then e-mailing one in won't. but if it's set to anyone can, it will autogenerate.

How do I set it then so that a single department can have anyone submit a ticket ( e-mail too ) but other depts, like billing and technical have to be registered?

I think this should be posted as a Feature Request tekone. It sounds like a solution to a problem for myself as well.

I'm currently having sales enquiries handled by standard email and it would be great (and more professional to the potential customer) to have it handled by the support system.