How to add a field in checkout page

hooman_t

Hi everyone

I am very new to WHMCS and I am trying to learn as much as I can.

I was wondering if it is possible to add another field to the checkout page. I've attached a screen capture of the page, what I need to do is to add a textbox just below the Company Name.

Thanks

Hooman

whmcs-01.jpg

Hooman,

what you are wanting to use are known as "Custom Fields" in WHMCS - http://docs.whmcs.com/Custom_Fields - in this case, it's going to be a Custom Client Field.

once you've created the field via Setup -> Custom Client Fields and ticked the "Shown On Order Form" checkbox, it should automatically be added below your existing form fields.

if you wanted to move it to between company name and email, then you would need to edit the viewcart.tpl template of your order-form template (looks like Modern to me) and move the code that displays the custom fields from its current location to before the Email form field.

<tr><td class="fieldlabel">{$LANG.clientareaemail}</td>

the code that displays the custom fields is shown below and should already exist in your template file below the code that generates the default form fields.

{foreach key=num item=customfield from=$customfields}
<tr><td class="fieldlabel">{$customfield.name}</td><td class="fieldarea" colspan="3">{$customfield.input} {$customfield.description}</td></tr>
{/foreach}

if you're using a different order-form template, then the code might be slightly different.