Templates gone

PARoss

I was cleaning up my domain yesterday and deleted my templates.

Permissions Error

The templates compiling directory '/home/paross/templates_c/' must be writeable (CHMOD 777) before you can continue.

If the path shown is incorrect, you can update it in the configuration.php file.

My last update included two template folders: Classic and Portal.

Can i just FTP those to the Templates_c folder?

Phil

From the error it would seem as though your templates_c folder does not have the proper permissions. The templates_c folder is for file cache and not the actual templates directory. WHMCS needs to be able to write to this directory and it appears that it cannot. If you deleted the templates and/or templates_c folders then you will need to re-upload them via FTP and ensure that the templates_c folder has the correct permissions.

Here are the required permissions for WHMCS install:

Required file & folders permissions

/configuration.php CHMOD 400 Readable

/attachments CHMOD 777 Writeable

/downloads CHMOD 777 Writeable

/templates_c CHMOD 777 Writeable

The above applies unless your php is suPHP or PHPSuExec. If using DSO as your php handler, you must use 644 permissions.

--Thanks

From the error it would seem as though your templates_c folder does not have the proper permissions. The templates_c folder is for file cache and not the actual templates directory. WHMCS needs to be able to write to this directory and it appears that it cannot. If you deleted the templates and/or templates_c folders then you will need to re-upload them via FTP and ensure that the templates_c folder has the correct permissions.

Here are the required permissions for WHMCS install:

--Thanks

Nope. It still doesn't work.

The folder must be in the wrong location, but it is writable. Hostgator doesn't use "home". So is "/home/paross/templates_c/" the same as "/public_html/templates_c/"? It looks like WHMCS put /templates_c/ in the root install folder, which for me is /support/. I have copied the templates_c to both places, and it IS WRITABLE!

So, now what?

have you modified your configuration file with the new location of templates_c? alternatively, have you added your templates_c directory to the address already being used in configuration.php ?

http://docs.whmcs.com/Further_Security_Steps#Move_the_attachments.2C_downloads_.26_templates_c_folders

The three folders "attachments", "downloads" and "templates_c" need to be writeable by WHMCS and therefore require the permissions 777 (writeable by all). When folders have this permission level it is safer to place the folders outside of the public accessible folder tree on your website. WHMCS allows you to do this. If you do move the folders, then you must tell WHMCS where they have been moved to

I think one possible option is that you've added a templates_c folder to your server, but configuration.php is looking for the folder elsewhere.

Is your WHMCS installed in /public_html/support ?

If so, the templates_c folder should be at /public_html/support/templates_c and have the permissions set to 777.

Yes, and yes.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's my configuration.php:

$templates_compiledir = "/home/paross/templates_c/";

$attachments_dir = "/home/paross/attachments/";

$downloads_dir = "/home/paross/downloads/";

Is that okay?

Is that okay?

I don't think so...

the configuration file is looking for them in the root of your hosting account, but you say you've created them in the support folder.. so, logically that means the setting should be..

$templates_compiledir = "/home/paross/public_html/support/templates_c/";

probably the easiest solution is to create the three folders (templates_c, attachments and downloads) in the root of your hosting account and then your current config settings should work...

you could change the config settings to add 'public_html/support/' to the paths, but as these folders shouldn't be publicly accessible, I wouldn't recommend it.