Billable Items in Client Area

ccdave

• 3 years later...

I'd also be interested to find a way to do this.  It's an essential feature for clients who want to keep track of the hours that are about to be billed to them.

I did find this ( https://marketplace.whmcs.com/product/1646 ) but it seems to be overkill for what's needed.  Even a summary box on the Client's homepage would suffice.

Is there any way to do this?

I did look at the code that generates it, but sadly all the hooks and functions are encrypted so I can't use them to create my own Tab/Page for the clients.

Any advice would be appreciated.

6 hours ago, Warren Chandler said:

I'd also be interested to find a way to do this.  It's an essential feature for clients who want to keep track of the hours that are about to be billed to them.

I did find this ( https://marketplace.whmcs.com/product/1646 ) but it seems to be overkill for what's needed.  Even a summary box on the Client's homepage would suffice.

Is there any way to do this?

essentially, it should just be a query to the database - what are you expecting it to look like?

Hi Brian,

Thank you very much for the fast reply.  Essentially I was just looking for it to be the same as the Billable items, perhaps with a module on the Client's homepage that shows only if there are outstanding items to be invoiced.

I did look at the database, which looked pretty straight forward structure-wise, but I didn't want to do something that might be overwritten or could cause issues somewhere along the line.  Being new to WHMCS, this was my main concern.

I've attached two images to illustrate what I hope to achieve, the first being what the client sees initially, and the second what the Billable Items page looks like when you click View All.

Any information you could provide would be fantastic.  I'm new to developing within WHMCS and really don't want to mess things up.

Thank you in anticipation.

Kind regards
Warren

WHMCS-Billable-Items-Page.jpg

WHMCS-Client-Home.jpg

Hi Warren,

14 hours ago, Warren Chandler said:

Thank you very much for the fast reply.  Essentially I was just looking for it to be the same as the Billable items, perhaps with a module on the Client's homepage that shows only if there are outstanding items to be invoiced.

i'm trying to think why WHMCS don't include it by default in the client area... there must be a cunning reason why they've never done it.

I did look at the database, which looked pretty straight forward structure-wise, but I didn't want to do something that might be overwritten or could cause issues somewhere along the line.  Being new to WHMCS, this was my main concern.

for something like this where you're just querying the information there, and not changing anything, there's no risk of overwriting or issues down the road.

I've attached two images to illustrate what I hope to achieve, the first being what the client sees initially, and the second what the Billable Items page looks like when you click View All.

the first part is simple enough - it's just a case of determining what to output... e.g some may be recurring, others not.. you could filter it so that it only shows due dates later/equal than today...

Hr6IqvY.png

let me have a ponder on the second half as you can't just simply reproduce the layout from the admin area - I can see what the queries would be to link to the invoices, but I need to take a look at a logical way to lay it out.

Thanks again for the response, Brian.

It's actually a very useful tool for clients, so I don't know why they would leave it out either.

With regards to me creating something, I was concerned that any table or field name change via a WHMCS update could potentially break anything I did, so I didn't even attempt anything.  I think I'll read up a little about how to develop for WHMCS before even going there.  I'm well versed in PHP and MySQL, but unfamiliar with WHMCS in general, and if I'm honest, the BASE64 code in the admin functions for the billable items just made me assume it was better left to those that are more familiar.  

Anyway, thank you again for looking into this, and have a great weekend.

Kindest regards
Warren