How to get another WHMCS New Order Notification email sent to admin?

karkunum

Recently I upgraded to 5.3.7 and dont know about the php/smtp on email settings. I got 1 order before I change the email settings to smtp. So when the customer order, I got blank "WHMCS New Order Notification" email.

After that I read this forum and found out about the smtp email settings. Now the email setting has been done. But I wish to get that email the second time. Can I somehow get that email back? Because the previous one is blank. I want it as a record.

Those are emails sent to customers. What I want to re-send is email that has been sent to me (admin). I want to resend that email because I want to keep email record. The email that has been sent to me (admin) before was blank, because that time I haven't set the smtp email setting yet.

I think numPhoenix's suggestion wouldn't have worked anyway - if I recall correctly, it just resends the email stored in the database... so it would resend the blank email and that's of no use.

i'm not sure that it can be resent - one of the support guys should be able to give you a definitive answer on that...

but if it's purely for your own records, then it might be easier to send yourself a fake email... i.e edit a previous "New Order" email and replace that content with the details from the appropriate order ID of this order and send it to yourself... not ideal I know, but if the original can't be resent/regenerated, it's probably the easiest way.

Hello karkunum,

I do not believe there is any way to accomplish this task either. You could use brian's suggestion and essentially recreate the order to have the email for your records or, unfortunately, live with it the way it was originally sent.

Sorry I could not be of more assistance.

--Thanks

Okay. But maybe from this I would like to suggest 2 things, if they can be in the next release of WHMCS.

1. Find a way not to reset the email settings after upgrade to new version of WHMCS. As I can see a lot of people are having the same problem.

2. Create a function that can resend admin emails, same way like the function to resend customers emails.

Thank you for all your help.