ionCube Encoder and requires PHP 5.4

Evos

I am getting this cron error daily now via email

<br />

<b>Fatal error</b>: <br>The file <b>/home/xxx/public_html/whmcs/includes/hooks/resellerclubmods_rcdeleteclient.php</b> was encoded with the PHP 5.4 ionCube Encoder and requires PHP 5.4 to be installed.

in <b>Unknown</b> on line <b>0</b><br />

I am getting this cron error daily now via email

<br />

<b>Fatal error</b>: <br>The file <b>/home/xxx/public_html/whmcs/includes/hooks/resellerclubmods_rcdeleteclient.php</b> was encoded with the PHP 5.4 ionCube Encoder and requires PHP 5.4 to be installed.

in <b>Unknown</b> on line <b>0</b><br />

it says all, have you installed IonCube in the right version?

By the looks of it IonCube is proper version BUT the PHP is out of date OR maybe both

Edited by mlew2

Hello Evos,

I would have to agree with mlew2 that your php version is out of date. You can use phpinfo to get your php version and determine if that is the problem. Unfortunately, this is a server issue and not a WHMCS issue. You may want to talk to your server admin or hosting provider to see if they can be of any assistance.

You can find more information about IonCube and WHMCS here - http://docs.whmcs.com/Ioncube_Installation_Tutorial

--Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I raised a ticket with host they confirmed what phpinfo was showing. I am running php 5.4 already. The error just started coming to my email daily at the time when I have done any update on whmcs or host.

The site works ok. Whmcs ok. Just daily error email message.

You don't have to use your host version of ioncube.. its not really important thing for them to keep it updated so most hosts just have old versions installed.

You can always install ioncube loaders yourself and then tell the server where to find them. You can get the loaders here

http://www.ioncube.com/loaders.php when you get them there is a file you can run inside the folder and it will put the code in your php ini file for you.. but If you use that executable I recommend that you delete that file after you use it because it does write to your ini file. But you don't have to use that executable.

in your php.ini file you tell the server where to find ioncube like this

zend_extension = /home/xxxxxx/public_html/ioncube/ioncube_loader_lin_5.2.so

where xxxxxx is your username and just have a folder with the loaders inside in your public_html.

The benefit to having it this way is that you get what is called legacy benefit, meaning that the legacy old versions are in there as well so if you have something encoded in ioncube that is done on an older version then you will still be ok, it will still work.

hope this helps.

Hi Evos,

Your hosting provider offers multiple php versions and you can switch between them. However, some hosting provider have these "php switching" features not correctly implemented. While webapps in your whmcs/website are using the newer php version, the CLI does not. The CLI is used for cronjobs and this is the reason for you issue.

The solution for this problem is described in our knowledgebase at http://www.resellerclub-mods.com/whmcs/knowledgebase/285/PHP-Fatal-error-with-Ioncube-loader.html

Regards,

Marco