WHMCS Official or Partner?

infocusuy

Question

6 answers to this question

when you move to new hosting company you will need to get another license key, you can get buy this from the new hosting company or directly from WHMCS.

then in your WHMCS installation add the new license key and everything will be ok.

you don't need to change anything else.

An owned license has its advantages. You say you will pay $10 a month, well in two years you would have paid $240.00 and you could buy the owned license for that. I do hope your hosting company plans to be around over two years, every day after that your tossing money down the drain on rent if you go that way.

For example: Likewise most people see that they can rent a TV at a rent to own place for $10 a week, and in the end they pay $2500 for a $600 tv... lol

So pay now save later, or save now and pay double later.... :)

psssss... if you buy send me a pm ill give you my affiliate id lmao <!!-------- just kidding lmao :lol:

An owned license has its advantages. You say you will pay $10 a month, well in two years you would have paid $240.00 and you could buy the owned license for that. I do hope your hosting company plans to be around over two years, every day after that your tossing money down the drain on rent if you go that way.

Start with the lease license, $10 is a couple cups of coffee. Once you've 'established' yourself and are sure hosting is right for you then go for an owned license. Why pay $240 if it is a possibility you will be closing up shop in a couple months which would have cost $20 (Not to say you won't close just, it is very common).

@ i agree with Alex, and i missed that point (i guess i just assumed they were in it for the long haul)

It is very true that the hosting business is very competitive and in your first 6mo it will seem that everyone is making money but you because you have to purchase so many other things other than just the software. Its a tough business but very rewarding when successful.

Thanks for your feedback, I stay clear.

I buy monthly to start, I have over 6 years selling hosting, but few customers. Then buy you the license.

Not that this is the right thread but, should look into you're marketing strategy if you're hoping to make a living off of hosting.

Good luck!