Dealing with MM/DD/YY vs DD/MM/YY formatting - Can we show name of month?

Seiya

Based in Europe we use DD/MM/YY which confuses our American customers when they see this format on their invoice due notices etc. Has anyone come up with a solution to show month names to remove the ambiguity? Any elegant solutions our there for what must be a common problem seeing our most of our businesses are international?

as sentq says above, admin area is the easiest way - any of those last three options will show the months (either in full or abbreviated) - in both the client area and the pdf invoices.

there are alternative solutions where you could change the date formats used in the client area by modifying the templates (though that change would apply to every customer), or even by adding a custom field to the client's profile where they can each choose their own date format, dd/mm/yy, mm/dd/yy or whatever options you want to give them, from a dropdown.

that latter solution would require many template changes, and I never got around to modifying the pdf invoices use the same date format, but that probably wouldn't be too difficult to achieve.

hopefully, the changes made in the localisation tab will be enough for your needs, but if not, drop me a PM.

Sorry, I should have explained myself better, I know about the settings on the Localisation tab. If you take the "invoice payment confirmation" email template as an example, our system generates something like:

This is a payment receipt for Invoice 123 sent on 31st May 2014

Shared Hosting account (31/05/2014 - 30/05/2015) $25.00 USD

------------------------------------------------------

Sub Total: $25.00 USD

Credit: $0.00 USD

Total: $25.00 USD

The email template is:

This is a payment receipt for Invoice {$invoice_num} sent on {$invoice_date_created}

{$invoice_html_contents}

As you can see, the {$invoice_date_created} field is being correctly formatted however the {$invoice_html_contents} field contains ambiguous dates that confuse our customers. We'd like it to look like

This is a payment receipt for Invoice 123 sent on 31st May 2014

Shared Hosting account (31st May 2014 - 30th May 2015) $25.00 USD

------------------------------------------------------

Sub Total: $25.00 USD

Credit: $0.00 USD

Total: $25.00 USD