Sub-domain registration RESERVED names

I'm offering a sub-domain registration services, for example YOURNAME.ya.net at http://www.webew.com.

How will I be able to RESERVED some subdomain keywords, so new clients will not be able to register it.

For example, trademark names like Apple, Coke, etc.

In configuration.php, I can configured a name lenght restriction.

$DomainMinLengthRestrictions[".ya.net"] = 3;

It is possible to add something like this for reserved names?

$DomainReservedName[".ya.net"] = Apple, Coke, Google, Yahoo, Verizon;

Please let me know if available or any alternative solutions outside of WHMCS?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by KING dot NET

I've added "access" to the Banned Subdomain Prefixes. When I tried to register access.ya.net, still available to register.

In "Banned Subdomain Prefixes", I use keywords and fully qualified domains to banned/reserved it, still able to register it.

Example.

access

or

access.ya.net

Thanks.

I checked it with another browser it is working but when I navigate to choose a product, come back to the registration page, checking "access" again and its back to available. I closed and open internet browser, "access" subdomain is available to regsiter.

I'm using Verticalstep default template, not customise except for header.

- - - Updated - - -

I tried Modern template, same results. I still can registered banned/reserved names.

I also tried using my iPhone, works for the first time, but when I go back the banned/reserved name is available again.

oh sorry, we're talking about slightly different things... I was assuming you were talking about using a subdomain with a product - which is what I tested and works.

what you're talking about I wouldn't consider a subdomain - but a third-level domain registration... but either way, the subdomain option I linked to earlier isn't applicable.

usually, one option to block registrations using your reserved list of keywords, would be to manually add them, via a new order in the admin area, to a test account in whmcs and enable "Block Existing Domains" from General Settings -> Ordering - this would normally prevent further orders of those domains going through... but it's bugged in the latest release and doesn't work.

I don't believe there are any addons to do this, so I would think your only option is to modify the domain registration and/or domainchecker template(s) to check for these reserved words...

Bummer... I hope the programming guys fixed it soon. It's a core of my business.

Thanks a lot Brian.

But why I was able to see it before, registering "access" as un-available? How will I see it again?

Thanks,

EM

Edited by KING dot NET

Bummer... I hope the programming guys fixed it soon. It's a core of my business.

Thanks a lot Brian.

unless they feel the need to release an urgent update for other issues, I wouldn't expect to see another update until July - even if they go back to their 6-week release cycles, that's still the last week in June.

But why I was able to see it before, registering "access" as un-available? How will I see it again?

take a look at your activity log for any clues about what you did to get it to occur in the first place, and then try to reproduce it.

have you considered splitting your domain registration section of your site into two? use domain registration for the normal tlds (com, net etc), but then create a product which uses subdomains (.ya.net, .buy.nu etc) - that would then allow you to use the banned subdomain list on that product and prevent coke, apple etc registrations from occurring.