Restart a cancelled Paypal subscription

jaytyn

Hi All,

Let me start by saying I have just changed from ClientExec to WHMCS, and I am amazed by how good this product is!! It has so many more features than CE!

One thing that I am stuck on, is that when a customer cancels their PayPal subscription, how does the customer re-activate the subscription via WHMCS ?

Pls help!

Cheers

Jay

I'm not sure having the subscription ID in that area would help as the Subscription was canceled.

All that should be required is setting the account to using PayPal Subscriptions in the package details in the admin area. That should provide the button in the area Matt pointed out.

I don't know the answer nor have I tested, but is that [Pay Now] button always available or does it appear only on the due date? If the later, you should probably make the account due now.

Thanks for the replies.

So, When Paypal sends the subsciption cancellation info to the IPN, WHMCS does not automatically set the PayPal sub to cancelled in WHMCS?

Cheers

Jay

No, WHMCS takes no action on canceled subscriptions. The reason for this that I caught in other threads was perhaps the customer is simply changing payment types. I think it's a valid argument myself.

Nice job Matt. Looks neat and professional how you worked the buttons in ;) Can't wait to be able to get users to easily create a subscription now :) I am a little worried that the button may confuse someone to create a 2nd subscription being available always though.