coinbase bitcoin gateway questions

durangod

So i went ahead and installed this.

https://www.whmcs.com/appstore/1162/Coinbase-Bitcoin-Payment-Gateway.html

I set up a product for .01 penny and i used a test account to purchase the test product. When i get to the final cart page and press continue to pay button, it takes me to the invoice.

So i thought ok i will go ahead and approve the order and then try to pay the invoice.

So with the order approved by admin now, i went to the test account invoices and it shows the invoice as unpaid and so i clicked pay all (i also tried clicking the individual item)

ISSUE: the issue is that it allways just takes me to the invoice, even clicking pay all, all i get is the invoice page, it seems to be just bouncing back to the invoice for some reason.

Question: Is there a process that is not included in this add on. Does it need to be updated? Im not sure why it wont go to coinbase page and allow me to pay it. Seems to be something missing with this deal.

Maybe the only way is to just manually pay it thru whatever service but thats a pain for the customer, this should work..

Just wanted to update this, i did discover that the issue was a permission issue on the side of coinbase. When you set up your API key it gives you a list of permissions to choose from explained here

https://coinbase.com/docs/api/permissions

I had only chosen the minimal such as orders, transactions, recurring payments, and reports thinking that is all i needed to run a transaction. At first i thought it was an IE issue but it did not work on FF either. So i logged in and reset my permissions for the key to "all" and i removed the IP only block and now it works on all browsers.

The strange thing is that the other day when i was having this issue i left a question on the module whmcs addon module discussion area, and now that i wanted to go back and update that, the discussion section has been intentionally turned off or wiped out entirely when using FF and Chrome, i can only see it on IE but i cant post because the post button does not show on IE11. Crazy stuff.

https://www.whmcs.com/appstore/1162/Coinbase-Bitcoin-Payment-Gateway.html

it wont even display when i click discussion. So im not sure if this was intentional or not but it sucks none the less.

Anyway back to the issue at hand here. Once i set the permission on the key for coinbase to 'all' then when i looked at my test invoice it actually showed the button to pay bitcoin and when i clicked that it went to coinbase to process which it had not done before. I will need to play with the permissions a bit for the key to see that the minimum is, i dont want "all' permissions and i will try to see what i can lower it to and still process the invoice.

So if you are having the same problem then do the same. Also remember that the test process for coinbase will not work unless you comment out the if clause in the coinbase file for the module that looks for secret key, in at test submission from coinbase there is no secret key so you will get a 404 forbidden. Once you comment out the secret key clause in the file (for test only be sure to make it active again for live data) then you will see that you get a 200 successful on the coinbase side.

Also the ip address section for the key is comma delimited so ip,ip,ip is what you want.

Edited by durangod

Another update, put the ip's back and it worked, went from "all" permissions and slowly took them off one by one thinking it would not work when i turned something off i needed to process the test invoice. But now i am back to balance, orders, buttons, transactions, recurring payments and reports, (same as before) and its still working... lmao this is crazy stuff man lol. Anyway its working now and i dont know why lol... I will keep this updated if i figure it out..

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...