Calculating total income from a specific order

pkwarner

Hello all,

Been banging my head against the wall pondering this question for 2 weeks now. Basically, I'm trying to calculate the total income generated from a specific order. Sounds simple enough...

Please note I am trying to accomplish this through the API.

From what I can tell there is no way to do this. I've attempted to grab the data from the invoices but as far as I can tell invoices are not associated with the order ID anywhere. Same goes for orders, transactions, products, etc. I cannot find anywhere where a payment has any association with an order ID.

Am I missing something? I very much appreciate any help anyone is able to give.

Regards,

Patrick

From what I can tell there is no way to do this. I've attempted to grab the data from the invoices but as far as I can tell invoices are not associated with the order ID anywhere. Same goes for orders, transactions, products, etc. I cannot find anywhere where a payment has any association with an order ID.

always remember than an invoice doesn't need to have an order id; an order doesn't need to have an invoice (in which case, it's invoice value will be 0 in the database).

have you had a look at the reports ? invoices and transactions I guess would be the ones - if you take a look at the source for each (it's not encrypted), they may give you a clue as to the sql query to use in your API code.