Prevent Promotion from discounting Setup Fee

pdx

I have created a 30% off promotion. I have applied the promotion to a product. That product includes a recurring monthly fee and a setup fee. I need the promotion to only discount the recurring monthly fee, and not the setup fee.

Is there a way to discount specific items in the cart? and not its subtotal.

Thanks.

if this is just one product and one cycle (monthly), then it may be easier to use a "Fixed Amount" rather than a percentage.

so say product has $100 setup fee and is $50 per month (to keep things simple!)...

30% recurring discount in WHMCS would mean a $45 reduction - so $105 taken today, $35 monthly

but you want only 30% off the recurring fee, so they should be paying $135 today.

if you use a "Fixed Amount" of $15 instead, then they would pay $135 today and $35 monthly

hopefully your prices will allow you to make a similar calculation of your promotion.