Product Upgrade/Downgrade & Configurable Options

When upgrading or downgrading a product with a configurable option, the price of this configurable option is not taken into consideration and added to the package cost. The result (and the bug) is that it only shows the cost of the base package and effectively gives the configurable option away for free.

This can be fixed by viewing the product, ticking the 'Recalculate On Save' option and then saving the product. The price will then be calculated correctly.

I am aware of the option for configurable options during upgrade/downgrade on the product, and I am not sure if this affects the above behaviour because I haven't tested. If it *does* affect the behaviour then this should be re-evaluated. Leaving the option unchecked should simply mean users are unable to modify these configurable options during upgrade/downgrade, they should not simply be ignored and their value not taken into consideration.

For those interested, though WHMCS believe this operates as intended/by design, they agree they are going to investigate this and likely change the way it works. I believe it is far more logical that any product which has an existing configurable option attached but also has not had the option checked to allow for upgrading or downgrading of its configurable options, should factor existing options into its pricing. That is, bundle the existing and active configurable option pricing into the product price. Otherwise it simply allows users to upgrade/downgrade their product and continue to receive these configurable options for free in some situations.

It has been allocated Case ID #4150.