Link transferred domain to hosting account

Hi guys,

Im new to the how domain hosting scene to a certain extent.

Im just wondering, once my client has transferred his domain to my nameservers and its all gone through correctly. How do i link that domain to the hosting they previously ordered.

So for example my client orders some hosting with me. Done and dusted.

He then (seperate transaction) ordered a domain name to be transferred to work with this hosting. So he does that all and points his domain to my nameservers and now i have his hosting and his domain name on my WHMCS. How do i link the 2 to work together? How does the nameserver know what IP to send the domain to?

Im getting myself very confused with this process so if someone could dumb it down for me, would be much appreciated.

To let you know i use cPanel/WHM for my server

Tom

it is your hosting control panel which would set all this up, WHMCS sends the create command to cpanel, and that will setup dns etc.

So you need to configure your products to use cpanel module and set up all your hosting plans etc.