Calendar month invoicing

rodolphe

We sell some licence products which are due in full each calendar month.

How can I setup invoicing so it automatically is generated at the start of each calendar month regardless of when the product is purchased?

i.e. a product purchased on March 25th worth $20/month would cost $20 in March, then again $20 in April.

the default appears to be an invoice on the 25th of each month.

Thanks.

We sell some licence products which are due in full each calendar month.

How can I setup invoicing so it automatically is generated at the start of each calendar month regardless of when the product is purchased?

i.e. a product purchased on March 25th worth $20/month would cost $20 in March, then again $20 in April.

the default appears to be an invoice on the 25th of each month.

Thanks.

Hi There rodolphe,

if i understand you correctly, you want to charge your client a fix monthly cost prorata to each month ? if that the case you can navigate to >Setup >Products/Services > Choose your product/ service you want to apply this to than click the pricing tab and enable prorata billing at the bottom of the page with the associated dates to which you want to be billing your clients.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Don

Hi Donovan, thanks for answering.

I don't think this is what I want, though I'll test it.

Pro-rata would charge for a fraction of a full month, if I understand it correctly. So if my client buys my product (a microsoft licence) on the 25th of the month he would pay for 5 days's worth that month, then full price the following months.

But as Microsoft charges me in full for every month started, I would like in the example above to charge IN FULL for the month when the client made the purchase, then invoice again on the 1st of every month.

So again, if the client buys on the 25th of March, there would be an invoice issued on the 25th of March (for the full amount), and then automatically an invoice generated again 7 days later on the 1st of April.

OR, looking it it another way: perhaps issuing an invoice on the registration date, then setting the next due date on the 1st of the following month?? I'm going to go test that...

I can think of two possible options to do this - though neither are probably ideal... :roll:

there is an Advanced Billing module addon available from ModulesGarden that I think allows for billing on 1st of the month... i've never used it, but might be worth investigating...

http://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?86763-UpdatedModulesGarden-Advanced-Billing-For-WHMCS-With-20-Changes!

an alternative might be to go with pro rata billing, but work around your first month issue by doing two things...

1. create a promotion code to allow the first month to be free... you could add this promo code to your links...

http://docs.whmcs.com/Promotions

http://docs.whmcs.com/Linking_to_WHMCS

2. add a setup fee to your product that is the equivalent price of the monthly cost... that way, regardless of when in the month they purchase, the setup fee will mean you'll get your full monthly amount and then the next month, pro rata billing should kick in as usual on 1st.... you should be able to change the "setup fee" text and call it activation or whatever...

I personally don't use pro rata and so have no experience with it, but I think what i'm suggesting is correct.

hope it helps.