Custom Order Form Templating issue

Hi, I have duplicated a standard folder from '/templates/orderforms/' and renamed in to 'Custom', and I want to preview the custom order template, as the documentation says i used this link -> 'www.billing.mydomain.com/?carttpl=custom', but its not showing the custom order form template. In 'setup>>general settings>> ordering' template 'comparison' was selected, so when i Want to preview my custom template then also its showing 'Comparison' template in Cart.php, I have changed the default template in 'setup>>general settings>> ordering' from 'Comparison' to 'Boxes' or anything else, then also there is no effects, still showing that COMPARISON template in cart.php by default and also when i try preview my custom template. Please help me with this issue.

I think you should be calling http://www.billing.mydomain.com/cart.php?carttpl=custom

it should work, *unless* your first product group (or any product group you're linking to directly) is using a specified order form template rather than "default"... product group order form template selections overrule those in general settings.

setup -> product/service -> product/services -> edit group -> Order Form Template

check if your first product group is using "default" - from what you describe, it sounds like "comparison" has been selected... if so, just switch to default and then your link should work.