customer asked to reset password every login

greghl

we're on 5.2.16 - waiting a few more weeks before we upgrade to 5.3 - but a customer called saying they were required to change their password every time they logged in today and I can see 4 resets this AM - any ideas what can cause this?

thanx

Greg

We got a similar issue. Customer forgot his pass, and did a reset. The first mail arrived with the reset link, but after he loads the reset link, and the site states, that another mail with the password was send, this password never arrived.

We tested this, and confirm it with manny users.

The only solution here is, to reset for the user the pass form the admin interface. Then he got the new pass per mail

We got a similar issue. Customer forgot his pass, and did a reset. The first mail arrived with the reset link, but after he loads the reset link, and the site states, that another mail with the password was send, this password never arrived.

I think your template might be out of date... everything is right up until you get the "recently" email... the link in that email should take you to a page where the client can enter their new password themselves - it is no longer sent to them by email.

the two template files you should check are pwreset.tpl and pwresetvalidation.tpl - compare yours to the ones in the latest whmcs download and make the appropriate changes.

we haven't edited these templates ourselves - could they have been missed in the incremental update? We expand the entire update - after backing up the system of course.

We're on 5.2.16 as I said.

No - not created a ticket - will do that now.

Hi Greg,

we haven't edited these templates ourselves - could they have been missed in the incremental update? We expand the entire update - after backing up the system of course.

I was replying to webpoint with regards to the template - his issue will be template-based, I doubt yours is.

No - not created a ticket - will do that now.

hopefully the support guys will get to the bottom of it... but if this is only affecting one customer and not others, then it might be something at their end (browser?) rather than WHMCS.

Hi Greg,

I was replying to webpoint with regards to the template - his issue will be template-based, I doubt yours is.

hopefully the support guys will get to the bottom of it... but if this is only affecting one customer and not others, then it might be something at their end (browser?) rather than WHMCS.

gotcha on the template for webpoint - thx.

As for it being browser level (possible) - it could well be - the customer is a big mac shop and every machine is mac/ipad/iphone in their office - but he's a higher value customer, I need to get to the bottom of this.

He also has two different WHMCS username+passwords which need to be kept separate.