Client/Customer ID - editing field

tenserd

Hi there,

my first post inside the whmcs community and a big hello to everyone here!

I used many customer systems in the last years and one of the main things I need is an easy control of the customer ID. But inside WHMCS its only possible to change inside the DB and this is also tricky because of many shortcuts between the tables.

I'm wondering that there is no plugin for this, which manage the difficulties and on editing a client/customer there is also an edit field for the ID. Is there really nobody which need such a thing? Or is this to difficult and can't be integrated inside WHMCS?

Best regards

Steve

p.s. @postspammers

Before someone arguments like "There is no reason to change the customer ID" plz. do us/me a favor and keep the comment to yourself. This post goes to people which need such a thing.

• 2 weeks later...

Push

Is there really nobody in this community who is need such a thing? We are 2 WHMCS users and this is a most needed function.

Who has the knowledge if such a plugin is possible and when yes I need someone who has the ability to develop this for us.

regards,

Steve

why do you need to change the customer ID?

I work with two other billingsolutions for other services and this feature is implemented on both. Sometimes there are situations and you'll have to make a change on one or more customers. So this is a better way to manage this instead of fishing inside the DB.

If you want to use a custom ID then you're best adding a custom field to the client profile field. Then you can use it anywhere you want to and have full control over its value.

Ok. Than I have to change all layouts (disable the real customer ID and display the one in the new field) - Customer frontend, invoice and have to made a note on every customer to know which ID is changed with the main customer ID?