Cloud Pricing

webservsol

Hello Everybody,

How can you use multiplication and division in WHMCS pricing. If you are Cloud Servers provider than your pricing will be based on how many VMs your clients choose for example:

1VM, 1 vCPU, 1 vRAM, 20GB SAN, etc. will be $30 per month

2VMs, 1 vCPU, 1 vRAM, 20GB SAN, etc. will be $60 per month

At configurable options we've added Virtual Machines option but when pricing we can't use x2 or *2 so whatever the client choose the price remains as 1VM any advices?

I think configurable options is the correct method to use... perhaps your setup of it is not correct.

http://docs.whmcs.com/Addons_and_Configurable_Options#Option_Types

all of the options should work for what you want to do, it's just a case of getting the pricing right... so if VM is the config option, then one option would be to price on quantity (assuming prices always use the same multiple price increase).

for example, if we take a previous answer I gave about game slots, here is how to set it up for multiple quantities each charging $0.70

Config Option Setup -> http://prntscr.com/2ovev3

Order Form -> http://prntscr.com/2ovfqa

this uses a slider to select the number of game slots (from 1 to 64), charging each @ $.0.70

you could probably use a similar method for your VM settings... but any of the methods should work - it sounds like might not have added the pricing correctly to the config option.

Thanks Brian for your reply however you didn't get my point exactly I do know this option but what I'm looking for is different.

In your example it's about one service but with variety of quantity and I mean you have for example Disk Space from 1GB to 100GB maybe $1 per GB than 100GB is $100

But what I'm looking for is Disk Space 1GB to 100GB ... $1 per GB if 1VM but $2 per GB if 2VMs and so on!

oh ok, it's just that in your first example, the only difference between the two is the number of VM ! :)

the easiest solution might be to just have the 1VM, 2VM etc as different products, then each product could have its own config options (for disk space etc) priced differently... I don't think you can do what you want re multiplication of price of one config option based on another.