Credit card on file?

Boggie

Hi,

I have a client that just wants to put his credit card on file and have me just send him an invoice receipt. I was browsing through my whmcs admin and found "view/edit credit card information".

Is there any way for a customer to enter his CC information to keep on file?

At the moment I am just using paypal invoices/subscriptions.

Just curious what the common method is.

Thanks

There are strict rules and guidelines for holding credit card information on file (ie you aren't allowed to hold the 3 digit security code period).

Also, just curious, but if you only use paypal, how are you going to debit a customers credit card?

You should consider asking the customer to open a paypal account so that he can pay you via subscription, or you may want to consider a merchant account, or worldpay/futurepay.

Hi,

I have a client that just wants to put his credit card on file and have me just send him an invoice receipt. I was browsing through my whmcs admin and found "view/edit credit card information".

Is there any way for a customer to enter his CC information to keep on file?

At the moment I am just using paypal invoices/subscriptions.

Just curious what the common method is.

Thanks

You will need a processor that is able to do subscription billing. Paypal invoices they are required to pay manually as with paypal pro. WHMCS is capable of using several processors that support rebilling by subscription as they want, but you would need to open an account with one that does.

Either that or ask them to signup for the paypal subscriptions through their client area ;)

Thanks for the info.

Currently i have paypal pro and thats how everyone else does it. However, one client, a personal friend, wants to just give me his CC info and be billed automatically.

I just seen the credit card info in the admin and wondered how i could use it.

Thanks for the info.

Currently i have paypal pro and thats how everyone else does it. However, one client, a personal friend, wants to just give me his CC info and be billed automatically.

I just seen the credit card info in the admin and wondered how i could use it.

Well you could always upgrade to Payflow if you want to do recurring. If you are grandfathered in as we are a $20 it is a big increase to pay $60 though. We will stick to using PP subscriptions and accept CC from pro as individual payments.

And don't forget about the other processors that whmcs works with ;)