Only have recurring invoices for certain orders

fosterm

Hi

I've always invoiced my clients manually as they paid yearly and I preferred to send a personal mail with the attached renewal invoice

We've recently started offering Direct Debits for clients who want to pay monthly now so I need to set up the cron job to automatically create and send monthly invoices for them

Is there a way of only creating recurring invoices for select clients, eg the ones paying by Direct Debit

Would setting the order statuses to pending rather than active stop invoices being created and sent for ones that I wanted to renew manually?

Many thanks

Mark

Hi Mark,

Would setting the order statuses to pending rather than active stop invoices being created and sent for ones that I wanted to renew manually?

I don't believe it would - I think the renewal invoices are triggered when the cron checks the next due date, and active/pending status makes no difference.

if so, one option might be to switch the billing cycles on your client's annual products to one-time... this removes the next due date (so make sure you have a manual note of it!) and so renewal invoices shouldn't automatically be triggered for these products.

however before doing this, i'd suggest getting a second opinion on this in case i'm wrong! :?:

Is there a way of only creating recurring invoices for select clients, eg the ones paying by Direct Debit

you could probably use a hook to do this - http://docs.whmcs.com/Hooks - but it might be worth searching the forum so see if someone has created a similar one previously.

Hi Brian

Many thanks for taking the time to reply, much appreciated

I had a look at the hooks but I think the invoices ones all deal with post creation

I tend to rely on the due date field so I think for now anyway, I'm just going to have set them all to auto renew and try and see how it goes.

one other option, which is a little long-winded but i'll mention in case anyone else reads the thread in the future, would be to create a client custom field, let's call it "Renewal Date", into which you would put the product's next due date.

you'd then have to modify the client area templates to show this date rather than the next due date field... then you would add an extra year to the next due date to avoid it triggering the renewal invoices.

as I said, a little tedious but it would work... though it's probably easier to leave everything to auto renew!