No Card Stored for this Client in Vault

perdtmdehwhp

Hi, I tried to create a reply to this thread:

https://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?46935-No-Card-Stored-for-this-Client-in-Vault

but the system didn't allow me since it is too old. However, I am experiencing that issue with my installation, and I have tried EVERYTHING to make it work.

I create new invoices, I tried with "checked and unchecked" "disable credit card storage" option, I paid firs invoice customer manually with regular Quantum Gateway, then I tried to use Vault for a second invoice, NOTHING! Always same message in the Bill Logs: "No Card Stored for this Client in Vault" (only WHMCS logs, there is nothing on my merchant gateway logs)

I'm totally stuck with that, and I really need to make VAULT gateway works for some of my customer registered on my WHMCS.

Thanks any help

The Quantum Vault module, out of the box, is missing some functionality. If you are adding the credit card through the admin area (under the clients profile), you are actually adding the credit card to the local database (full credit card information), and not to the Quantum Vault. Unfortunately, when you want to add the credit card, to the Quantum Vault, you must do it from the client area:

1. Bring up client account in the admin area

2. On the Summary tab, click "Login as client"

3. Click "My Details"

4. Click "Change Credit Card Details"

5. Update the credit card information in the remote iFrame that is being displayed directly from Quantum

Following these steps will make sure you have the card in the Quantum Vault. If you have added a credit card from the "Credit Card Information" link, on the client's Summary tab in the admin area, you need to delete it from there to the remove the full credit card information from the local database.

Sean

Hi, and thanks for thr reply.

Actually, I'm in the middle of a Vicious Circle.

If I follow your steps, the credit card screen doesn't show me the Iframe from Vault, instead gives me this message:

"You must pay your first invoice via credit card before you can update your stored card details here..."

(yes, I logged in as a CLIENT)

So, if I try to pay the first invoice of the customer, I can't use Vault gateway (since keeps giving me "No Card Stored for this Client in Vault") so I have to use the Regular Quantum Payment Gateway. And again, If I have checked the option "Disabling storing of CC info", the CC is not stored, but still Vault is empty since I had to use Regular Gateway, not Vault. And if that option is Unchecked, AGAIN, the CC info is stored Locally in WHMCS DB, not in Vault, so No Linkage with a Vault profile is created. And also, even being stored his CC locally, the message under Client UI: "You must pay your first invoice via credit card before you can update your stored card details here..." even having paid 2 invoices already, keeps showing. (I see the CC is stored locally)

Still stuck.

:|

Pd.: My version is 5.1.13 (Can't install further security patches because my support service is expired)

never mind, I think I found the issue (after some hours). It looks like an old main template I was using (created in old versions) had some broken code or incompatibility with updated version of WHMCS (and gateways). As long as I switched to the DEFAULT template in General settings, the iFRAME for Quantum vault started working again. I need to review those old files for my customized template in order to match teh new files from Default.

Yeah, a client has to first pay an invoice (through the iFrame for Quantum Vault), then you can edit the credit card information with the instructions I posted earlier. Like I said, there is a lot of functionality missing from the Quantum Vault module, out of the box. That is why we had to write a module to add a bunch of functionality that was needed. We weren't able to use the Quantum Vault module without things like the ability to allow clients to add or remove their card on file. We made the module available for purchase, if you are interested:

https://www.whmcs.com/appstore/1546/Quantum-Vault-Client-Management.html

Thanks for the offer, looks good (completing missing points from the original Vault module), I will consider it, after making some tests. I just started using this Vault in my WHMCS (I was using regular Quantum gateway and was working good until this issue with the template), so I will see what happens.

Regards,

We were using the Quantum Gateway module, as well, and converted over to Quantum Vault module. Once we started using the Vault, we realized things were very different as far as what features were no longer available with the module in WHMCS. There were features that the Quantum Gateway module had, that don't exist in the Quantum Vault module. A few things were needed and requested by clients, so we quickly had to start developing the module. It's nice to hear you are using the Vault now, and no longer store CC numbers locally. That is a smart move, for obvious security reasons.