Update Pending Orders

coghost

Not really sure why but on the home page at the top it lists pending orders and overdue invoices. However it does not include any of the reoccurring orders that are currently active and waiting for payment. Why doesn't a reoccurring invoice count as a pending order? What do I need to do to show these invoices at the top?

It's Christmas. That could be the reason.

Anyway, a pending order is an order that hasn't been accepted yet ASAIK. A recurring order is not pending when it has been accepted. However, if the client doesn't pay the next invoice, the order will be marked as overdue.

Yes, I forgot that Christmas was a 4+ day weekend for some. Thanks for the reply, the question I have though is why is it only the pending and overdue that are displayed? The idea of an invoice system is to not only create but track invoices. What is showing is only a part of what is really going on. In fact no where on the home page is there a view that shows ALL of the currently active invoices. With all those menus, tabs and collapsible tables not one gives a big picture of what is going on. Click, click, click that seems to be the norm with WHMCS and because it really only has one thing to do right and do well is to create and track invoices, THAT information should be up front and personal at least on the home page. As it is I have to click and hunt to find out what is currently due. I find that second rate at best!

I think WHMCS has potential to be a really great invoice tool but as is, it is to the invoice software what a PC is to the computer, which is second rate...;)

Typical, no reply... why was I expecting anything more???

It's a forum - a community - you want support, use the support channel, you want to berate other users for not helping you while they're on holiday - great way to ensure no-one ever provides you any assistance ...

Why doesn't a reoccurring invoice count as a pending order?

Because there is no (need for) another *order*.

You can see your unpaid invoices at Invoices-Unpaid

You want that detail on the admin homepage - learn to use smart & php.

It's a forum - a community - you want support, use the support channel, you want to berate other users for not helping you while they're on holiday - great way to ensure no-one ever provides you any assistance ...

Because there is no (need for) another *order*.

You can see your unpaid invoices at Invoices-Unpaid

You want that detail on the admin homepage - learn to use smart & php.

If you had been screwed over as many times as I have with WHMCS perhaps you could understand why I am the way I am. It is not my intent to berate anyone but if they are going to take a week off then at least have the courtesy to post something to that affect so we are not setting here assuming we are just getting ignored like usually happens here.

You say there is no need for another order, what ever that is supposed to mean, but regardless perhaps for you it is not needed. For me when I have active invoices that have not been paid I would like to be able to see that up front and personal when I login. I would rather see that than the plethora of irrelevant junk like my notes and the to do lists which is not as important as knowing who has and who has not paid. I mean come on, Income Forcast, thats important enough to take space on the home page, active orders are not needed but income forcast is, really?

Again for you OK maybe you don't care, but I do, and it seems to me a better solution would be give us the controls to setup the home page the way we want to work instead of forcing us to work the way you want or the way someone else wants. Hell even Microsoft gives that much control with their software.

Yes I could use smart and create it my way but then I could just pay a bit more and go with a more robust invoice solution too. Thing is you want to set there on your high horse and tell me to be politically correct but then you want to reply with some punk ass answer like that? You cannot set there and tell someone else how to act when you are no better!