How do I search tickets by email or content?

DavidJ

Good afternoon,

This I suspect is my second or third request. Admittedly, I'm a tad angry right now having to go into my MySQL database and search for random strings of text again because WHMCS doesn't support:

1. Searching the ticket system for ticket content, not just client ID / E-mail.

2. That WHMCS doesn't support showing all tickets from a specific e-mail address, no matter the status (It looks like it does -- but outputs blanks like your 60 year old grandpa)

The rest of WHMCS is intuitive. Given that easy little 'client quick search' function & everything else in the system, you'd expect the support system to be equally as good.

Ugh, it's horrible. I hope that Kayako integration script that's being developed pans out or I'm going to have to find a new solution as my company expands -- this ticket system is worthless.

Please Matt, spend a few days using Kayako or any proper ticket system & come back with some ideas. There's only so much MySQL digging I can accept to find a client's phone number that is hidden away in some 3 month old ticket.

If you know the email address, you can always search for that, then view the "Emails" tab (assuming you don't clear out the email activity log), to search through tickets that the specific client has had. Obviously it's a little messier, but if you needed something asap, you have that to rely on for the time being. :)

Alternatively, if you require a phone number, why not just look in your client's information? I'd assume that their contact number would be the same.

If not, you can always create a custom field for a specific support department, that would insert that into the ticket. Obviously again you would have to find this ticket manually; But you can also log into the client's CP area to view their tickets if you remember the subject of it.

Mind you, I'm not disagreeing with what you're saying, but just showing that you have a few alternatives for the time being :)

• WHMCS CEO

David, not sure if you are using an old version or just not looking in the right place but you are wrong on both counts. You can search by ticket content in the "Subject/Message" field and you can search for all tickets from an email address using the "Email Address" field of the filter options. I'm not sure how we could make it any more straightforward than listing these options in the filter tab along with all the other search options for tickets.

Matt