Configurable Options

Rob K

Configurable options can be set up when you're creating a new package. When you set them up, the first field you fill in, is WHAT the configurable option is. So let's just say it's Disk Space, the field next to that is the order in which you want it to appear. We'll make it our 1st option.

After you fill that out, you have two more fields under it. The first box is the configurable option description. Since it's for Disk Space, we'll put 250MB disk space. The next box is the monthly pricing for it, which we'll just put in as .25cents.

This is what your completed configurable option would look like:

config-example.png

Although you are entering in a monthly price, it will automatically configure itself to match the billing time that's chosen with the package. If a user wants to pay monthly, the options will appear in monthly pricing. If they pay annually, each option will appear to be annually. So instead of the 250MB being .25cents for one month, they'll see it as $3 for one year.

Hopefully that helped you out some ;)

• 1 month later...
Although you are entering in a monthly price, it will automatically configure itself to match the billing time that's chosen with the package. If a user wants to pay monthly, the options will appear in monthly pricing. If they pay annually, each option will appear to be annually. So instead of the 250MB being .25cents for one month, they'll see it as $3 for one year.

I found your explanation exceptionally useful. However, I can't get past a couple of problems:

1.) Does one need to additionally specify the prices in the Pricing section of that product for the different terms- monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual? Because, when I choose 'Recurring' and annual, the system doesn't calculate the annual price.

2.) Similarly, if I have different monthly prices for each of the configurable options, there doesn't seem to be a place where I can define the different pricing for each option. The pricing screen seems to allow only a global setting and not a per-option setting.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
I found your explanation exceptionally useful. However, I can't get past a couple of problems:

1.) Does one need to additionally specify the prices in the Pricing section of that product for the different terms- monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual? Because, when I choose 'Recurring' and annual, the system doesn't calculate the annual price.

2.) Similarly, if I have different monthly prices for each of the configurable options, there doesn't seem to be a place where I can define the different pricing for each option. The pricing screen seems to allow only a global setting and not a per-option setting.

Thanks.

Hello,

Did you ever figure out why this doesn't show the annual price in the calculations?