Free DNS with domain registration works with existing domina

Scriptonite

I apologize if this was answered somewhere but I was unable to find any information on the forum or in the documentation. I offer free cPanel accounts with DNS control, forwarding, and an email with any domain purchase. The issue is I have had several sign-ups that are using existing domains registered elsewhere and the checkout process allows it to go through and gives them a cPanel. I don't want spammers setting up accounts on domains that may have had the IP blacklisted on other servers and are then moving to spam from my server. How can I make sure the domain is registered during the checkout process before it provisions an account for them?

Thanks in advance.

if you don't want them to be able to use existing domains with any of your services, you can disable the option in settings.

setup -> general settings -> domains -> untick "Allow clients to use their own domain"

I guess in your example, you may also need to disable transfers too.

I am currently using the Verticalsteps, I will try to look at it this evening and see if I can add anything to the template to avoid it. I'm not experienced with smarty however so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

in the Verticalsteps folder, there is a template file called - configureproductdomain.tpl - open it up and edit the following (at line 34 on mine):

{if $owndomainenabled}

change it to...

{if $owndomainenabled and $productinfo.pid neq "20"}

so for all products, apart from the one with the product ID of 20, the client can use their own domain - for pid 20, they cannot.

now for you the pid won't be 20 (or if it is it's a complete fluke!) - you'll need to go to products/services, find the product you want to disable this option for, click on "Links" and find the direct shopping cart link - it should be something like... cart.php?a=add&pid=20 - you will then need to make a note of whatever the number is after "pid=" and put that in the above code instead of 20.

hope that helps.