email encoding via system generated email contain = everywhere - break links + images + passwords

greghl

We have noticed that there is something wrong with emails generated by the system - both mass mailing emails, and regular emails like password resets - there are random equals signs (=) in the emails - I've seen 3 emails so far with = in the middle of a password - which obviously makes the password and email worse than useless - it makes them infuriating / frustrating for the customer and generates a ton of support.

The = shows up in URLS - in paragraphs - it broke the URL for our logo and the link for on the logo - it turned the emails into an absolute shambles.

How do I fix this?

All I can find is UTF-8 encoding in the Setup > General Settings > Localisation

What should it be to banish these erroneous = characters?

The emails from our WHMCS installation are embarrassing at the moment - they make us look like a total (bad) joke - it *HAS* to get fixed.