Linux Dedicated Server

nop

I'm exploring the idea of getting a Linux. I currently run Windows. Any suggestions on dedicated providers in the US and a Control Panel to use?

Is CPanel any good? I'm looking at that on one providers site. Any help appreciated.

TIA

A Linux server with cPanel is 100 times better than any Windows server.

...of course we offer our clients a choice of Windows or Linux, but 9 out of 10 users will choose a linux server with a cpanel interface. cPanel offers alot more functions/features than plesk too.

Your winning hosting combination will be a linux server with cPanel. If you are new to linux, you might want to concider a managed VPS linux account.

So it sounds like cPanel is the way to go. If I setup my main domain on the server and I add a Reseller, will I be able to configure their account so their clients do not see my main domain name?

Thanks for all th info!

So it sounds like cPanel is the way to go. If I setup my main domain on the server and I add a Reseller, will I be able to configure their account so their clients do not see my main domain name?

Thanks for all th info!

Yup! None of your clients or resellers will see each other in any control (unless root access, which is for you) when using cPanel/WHM.

cPanel is for one account (shared hosting) while WHM is for resellers (limited access) and as well as root access (for you - no limit).

Have you tried out the cPanel/WHM demo?

http://www.cpanel.net/products/cPanelandWHM/linux/try_cp_whm.htm

From,

Adam

I'll have to concur with what everyone has said thus far; But I have played around with DirectAdmin a bit, and it's really nice and has the same sort of setup as cpanel/whm.

eg: cpanel - shared level, whm - reseller level, root - owner level.

=)

@ lostinspace - Not only that, but they should really leave the "edited by ()" line at the end of each posts. It's kind of rude to edit it, and then not let the public know that it had been edited by someone other than the original poster. It's deceiving.

• WHMCS Developer

Not sure who or what was edited and if it was edited.

Moderators are individuals (or groups of individuals) whose job it is to look after the running of the forums from day to day. They have the power to edit or delete posts and lock, unlock, move, delete and split topics in the forum they moderate. Generally moderators are there to prevent people going off-topic or posting abusive or offensive material.

• WHMCS CEO
Hey mods,

If you edit someones post, I don't think a private message letting the individual know is too much to ask.

Thanks.

Advertising your own services is not allowed on these forums. If you weren't aware of that before, you are now. :)

Matt