How to deal with Payment Terms and already - but not invoiced - domain

Highfly_1971

Hi,

Newbie on WHMCS, started one week ago. I've already read many documents, watched tutorials, but can't find the answer on the following:

We've already registered some domain names in the last month, but now we started WHMCS and need to start invoicing. We were using another application, but that was not suitable and therefor switched - right in time - to WHMCS

How do i enter this domains into WHMCS that it will use the correct registration date and then invoice them in once to our customers?

E.g. domain1.nl is registered october 2nd, domain3.nl is registered october 4rd and are both for one customer. So i want to use the correct registration date and preferbably invoice them on one invoice instead of invoice for each domainname.

Will WHMCS grab all different domains and invoice them on one invoice in the nightly run?

And how can i set-up WHMCS so that it will use a default payment term of 14 days after invoice date?

Kind Regards,

Newbie on WHMCS, started one week ago. I've already read many documents, watched tutorials, but can't find the answer on the following:

Welcome to WHMCS! ;)

We've already registered some domain names in the last month, but now we started WHMCS and need to start invoicing. We were using another application, but that was not suitable and therefore switched - right in time - to WHMCS

How do i enter this domains into WHMCS that it will use the correct registration date and then invoice them in once to our customers?

E.g. domain1.nl is registered october 2nd, domain3.nl is registered october 4rd and are both for one customer. So i want to use the correct registration date and preferbably invoice them on one invoice instead of invoice for each domainname.

i'm going to assume that you've either entered or imported your customers details into WHMCS - if you haven't, then follow the instructions on the same page below.

to manually enter domains, follow the instructions @ http://docs.whmcs.com/Importing_Data#Manual_Domain_Only_Entry

you need to remember that WHMCS stores 3 dates with domains - registration, expiry and next due.

registration date is when the domain was actually registered and is not essential for billing purposes; expiry date you can set as the actual expiry date for the domain(s) - but in your example, the one that you need to focus on is next due date - to get WHMCS to combine the renewal invoices for the domains, then the next due date must be the same... so choose the earlier date, Oct 2, and set the domain(s) due date to that.

Will WHMCS grab all different domains and invoice them on one invoice in the nightly run?

yes - if you have setup your cron job correctly.

http://docs.whmcs.com/Crons

And how can i set-up WHMCS so that it will use a default payment term of 14 days after invoice date?

in setup -> automation settings -> billing settings

you can setup invoice generation to 14 days - e.g if a domain has a next due date of November 15, the invoice would be sent on the 1st, so would be due for payment by the 15th.

there is also the option in Advanced Settings, to increase this for domain renewal invoices, e.g 21 days - just to improve the chances of receiving payment before the expiry date... though you know your customers better than anyone, and whether this is useful in your case.

hope that helps!