Product/services form customization

onsmr

Hello,

I would like to customize the tempate of the Clients overview page in the admin area. I want to add other input fields within the product/services box but i didn't found how to do it. i tried to modify the clientsummary.tpl file under admin/templates/blend but changes didn't appear in the front end.

I need your help, thank you.

there are two ways to add custom fields to admin - the first will allow you to add custom fields to the profile...

http://docs.whmcs.com/Custom_Fields

however, as you want to add fields to the product/services box, what you will need to do is to edit the product/service in question and add custom fields there... if you need this for multiple products, then you'll need to edit them all.

setup -> products/services -> products/services -> *select product to edit * -> Custom Fields

and if you don't want the customers to see them, click admin only.

Thank you so much for your response, and if i want to delete fields that already exit in the Porducts/services form like First payement amount for example. How can i do this ? and why i did not have any visible results when edit clientssummary.tpl file ?

the admin side is encrypted so it's not as easy to modify as the client area... I think you can modify how it looks visually (there are admin themes available), but i'm not sure you can remove or disable specific fields... if it's possible, i'm sure that i'll be corrected!

Thank you so much for your response, and if i want to delete fields that already exit in the Porducts/services form like First payement amount for example. How can i do this ? and why i did not have any visible results when edit clientssummary.tpl file ?

Because clientssummary.tpl, as the name suggests, is the Summary tab of your client profiles. Yes, the Summary only. All other tabs are not editable with tpl files because they are related to modules or core functions. For example Products/Services tab is made by Server Modules, Domains tab with Registrar Modules and so on.

Now as brian said you can use custom fileds and configurable options to manage additional fields but some of them are not removable. Forms like first payment amount, registration date, next due date, billing cycle (...) will always appear because they are fundamental for invoicing, module actions, automations, API commands etc. Of course you can decide not to use them but you can't remove them. With a bit of CSS you could hide some specific forms but it's a nonsense because it would be a global modification involving the entire WHMCS.

Since WHMCS allows you to develop modules to match your specific needs, have you considered to develop a module to achieve exactly what you want to do?

Edited by Kian

Hi,

As far as i have inderstood, if i want to make changes in the Products/services tab, i can't do it by adding or removing code from .tpl files. Instead of this, i have to develop a new module and manipulate the front end using PHP module functions.

I'll work on it and i'll get back to you soon.

Thank you for your help.