Custom content in the Global Email Header

ichilver

Hi

I want to customise the Global Header Content and also include the email title in that html code.

Is there a list of _all_ the {$codes} that will work in the Global Header and Footer.

For example is there a {$title} code.

And if there is can I use

{if $title eq "Order"}

Some text

{else}

Some other text

{/if}

Many thanks

Ian

I suspect there isn't a complete list of all the {$codes} published - that would make things too easy for us! :roll:

although I would imagine that the merge fields from the email templates should work.

I'd guess that {$title} would actually be something like {$email_subject} or {$subject}, but frankly I don't know - you may find it through trial & error, or if such a variable exists and you need to use it, then you may need to open a ticket with support.

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

Sadly {$email_subject} and {$subject} don't work. I tried those before posting the forum article.

In fact I have tried the following.

{$message_subject}

{$email_subject}

{$subject}

{$title}

{$email_title}

{$message_title}

none of those work....

Lots of people on the forums discussing using the merge fields in the subject line, but I want the subject line as a merge field variable to use in the content.

Any ideas please people....

Ian

Hi Ian,

I'm wondering if this is actually possible...

if the email templates are formed in the order below...

Global Email CSS Styling

Global Email Header Content

Email Template Content

Global Email Signature

Global Email Footer Content

... can the global header know what the subject is - as that would likely be part of the email template content.

as Global Email Header Content is supposed to be common to all emails, I don't see the point of including the email subject in it - you might be better off keeping GEHC to a bare minimum and then, if you wanted to use the email subjects, modifying the particular email template - where you can define the subject yourself and so easily reproduce that subject title in the body too.

but if you really need to know if such a variable as {$subject} exists, then I suspect WHMCS are the only ones that will know and you'll be better off asking them directly - as they may not see this thread.