Opening Support Ticket Attachments

Tee

Hi Brian,

Yes, all of the above in fact. In the same way invoices open when you click View PDF I would like JPG, PNG, PDF, TXT, DOC(x) (I guess the main filetypes users send) to open instead of them being downloaded for me to go and find.

A lightbox, a new tab or even in the OS registered application for the mime type would be very useful.

Do you know of any solutions for this?

there are a couple of problems with opening them up... the first being that viewpdf works by creating the pdf on the fly, based on an existing template, using data obtained from the db - so it's creating it rather than showing an existing pdf.

the second problem is that the attachments are stored (or should be) outside of public_html - so therefore, you can't directly link to them via a browser... also, there may be security implications for opening some filetypes in a browser.

technically, it may be possible - but there might be an easier solution.

what browser are you using? i'm checking this in Firefox and if I click on a .pdf attachment in a ticket, it's asking me whether I want to open in Adobe Reader or save... similarly, if I click a .doc file, it's asking whether I want to open with MS Word or save.

it may just be that your browser needs a little persuasion to open in the default program rather than save the attachment by default.