Adding text to ID protection option.

durangod

Regardless if you are a reseller or not sometimes margins are quite thin when it comes to pricing and just like any other business we depend on the add ons as well as additional options to make our goals.

So when it comes to the ID Protection i am surprised that i have not been able to find away to add some description text to the option for the user. My other addons i have plenty of text space such as backup service and the like when your placing a domain order.

But when it comes to ID Protection which is on the next page, (image attached) there is no place in admin to put text. The only thing i can imagine i must do is just go into the lang file and find the text at the top that talks about required fields and add my description to that text. Which should not be the case because now every time there is a new version that change goes away.

I could always send them to the knowledge base for the description, but we all know that the best selling point is right in their face during the order process. And if they cant see what the item is, they will just pass it over and then i lose the sale for that item.

Anyone got any suggestions, thanks.

idprot.jpg

I am posting this reply only because i want to make sure i correct myself on the text i posted on the page (on my attached image above). I have changed the text due to privacy not always hiding the phone number, name servers, expire date of domain, hosting company, and other information. The only thing that is standard is that the privacy does always hide the name and address of the owner.

So i did not want anyone to get the wrong idea because i was misinformed and so for those that might want to copy and paste the ID protection text. This below is a safer bet to use.

One option is ID Protection, every website has an owner of which that information such as owners (your) full name and address is available to the public without this service. This is not our doing, it is a policy of registrars world wide. However you can protect your name and address by selecting the ID Protection Service option below (Annual Fee is Displayed).

It is sad that not more information is private with the service as a standard practice, but maybe one day it will be.

here is a little nicer image to use, i saved it as jpg so it would not distort, you can load it into your photoshop or paint and type in your protected info text on the right as a sample. just look at your domain privacy and use that as an example.

But anyway here is the image it looks much nicer..

idsample.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

brian! thanks for the help, figured i would add to this thread instead of that new one.

1 problem i see when i add the code is the box that says untick the box if you do not want to protect.... is NOT checked off by default?

I also had to edit the img source to ../../../whmcs/images/ for some reason i had to go up 3 levels then back into the whmcs install, it would not work with just ../../images/

thanks!

J

any ideas?