This is an active domain, hence no need to renew it

I can confirm this bug. I am also running WHMCS 5.2.7. However it only happen if the domain has expired, so that the domain expiry date is in the past. The only way to solve it, is to temporary change the domain expiry date to a date in the future, and set the domain to "Active", and then you can renew it. This only started after I upgraded from 5.2.5 to 5.2.7. This is clearly a bug in 5.2.7

I can confirm this bug. I am also running WHMCS 5.2.7. However it only happen if the domain has expired, so that the domain expiry date is in the past. The only way to solve it, is to temporary change the domain expiry date to a date in the future, and set the domain to "Active", and then you can renew it. This only started after I upgraded from 5.2.5 to 5.2.7. This is clearly a bug in 5.2.7

It was present in 5.1.2 as well.

We just renew at the registrar, and then update the expiry date in WHMCS