Please Test Your Software Before Release!

Bartucxp

Hello,

I want to say that 5.1.8 upgrade is another disaster just like 5.1 update. Nothing tested.

admin/clients.php

Fatal error: Call to undefined function db_escaoe_string() in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/admin/clients.php on line 0

It must be db_escape_string, this is a miswriting, it is obvious. And we can tell, software didn't get tested before release. If it was tested, we wouldn't see this error.

I wish that was the only problem. Domain registrations not working correctly, Modifying domain contact details doesn't work. Every few hours I find out another thing is broken with last upgrade.

Support doesn't help me about it. They say "it is normal to have send to registrar-email on successful registration checkboxes" even thought domain is already registered automatically. .tk domain registrations not working, modifying domain contacts not working, all these problems explained to the support but they don't accept problems.

I really don't understand how a software can be ruined with an update. Why you don't test before releasing it? I understand it addresses a sql injection issue and it is critical but we're doing business using your software, not playing games.

Most of the files that uses mysql connection modified with new update, even widgets. We have lots of our own gateway-server modules, widgets etc.. and we don't know if they must be modified to avoid hacking, we can't get a reply about it.

WHMCS Team, please release versions with more care and with more information. Your software is used by people who makes business.

I'm sorry if I'm knocking around but these are common thoughts.

Edited by Bartucxp

Hello,

This is resolved: http://blog.whmcs.com/?t=76514

Thanks, but I didn't get an email about it. Still couldn't test it but thanks.

Can you please answer this one:

Most of the files that uses mysql connection modified with new update, even widgets. We have lots of our own gateway-server modules, widgets etc.. and we don't know if they must be modified to avoid hacking.

• WHMCS CEO

Hi Bart,

We do test releases. But with that said, no release can ever be completely bug free as you can't test everything. And when you must maintain, release, publish and support multiple versions, the potential for imperfect releases inevitably increases.

With regards to the domain registration issue, please submit a ticket with detailed steps to reproduce and we'll get that checked into as it's not something I've seen yet.

Matt

Hi Bart,

We do test releases. But with that said, no release can ever be completely bug free as you can't test everything. And when you must maintain, release, publish and support multiple versions, the potential for imperfect releases inevitably increases.

With regards to the domain registration issue, please submit a ticket with detailed steps to reproduce and we'll get that checked into as it's not something I've seen yet.

Matt

Hi Matt,

Thank you for your reply.

I've created a ticket but they replied that it is normal, it is because order is pending.

Before upgrade, if domain auto registration fails for some reason(e.g. long address), these checkboxes existed(because registration not completed). So I was checking why it is not successful and making corrections to register. If auto registration is successful, these checkboxes didn't exist. I had to review and accept order and I knew that domain has been registered automatically. But now, domain auto registered or not, these checkboxes exists. If I accept order without unchecking them, it will send it to the registrar once again which will result in domain renewal(because it is already registered automatically), which is not desired. Also I have to check every single domain registration if they are successful.

Ticket replies are too late and I think it is because you have too many tickets to respond to. And I'm not comfortable with all ftp-mysql information on the ticket for too long(you can guess why). Chris replied this thread and I learned 5.1.9 is out so updated again, while updating, I closed my ticket and changed passwords. But I realized problem still exists in 5.1.9. Now I really don't know what to do and hoping for a patch file(in bug reports).

Should I reopen my ticket?

Could you provide your ticket ID so we can take a look?

Thank you, here it is:

#HJO-875565

My last reply might seem a little bit harsh, I'm sorry about it. I had problems with my customers(assumed domain was registered automatically but it wasn't - accepted with unchecking send to registrar checkbox - service was not activated - it was obvious there is a problem but I've told as opposite).

All login info is valid.