Down for Maintenance (Err 2)

xister

Are you able to login into your WHMCS admin page?

I've upgraded from WHMCS 5.0.6 to 5.0.7. Everything seems to be okay except for the clients overview. When I try to open the Clients > Search/View Client section I am getting the following error message:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function db_escaoe_string() in /public/admin/clients.php on line 0

Yes, we´re running the installer and all went good.

We deleted the install folder and the Err Message message comes up.

We´re upgraded from 5.2.3.

Could you please submit a ticket? We've performed the upgrade from 5.2.2, 5.2.3, and 5.2.4 to 5.2.5 without issue here.

Looks like a spelling mistake in the function. Affects 5.1.8 as well.

Are you able to login into your WHMCS admin page?

I've upgraded from WHMCS 5.0.6 to 5.0.7. Everything seems to be okay except for the clients overview. When I try to open the Clients > Search/View Client section I am getting the following error message:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function db_escaoe_string() in /public/admin/clients.php on line 0

I had white screen in admin area (all ok in frontend) with a version of 5.2.6 (i had 5.2.5) of 16:51 UK time.

So I downloaded latest (I guess 5.2.6.4 ??? no indication), and tried upgrading a second time from 5.2.6 (of 16:51 UK) to 5.2.6 (of 19:01 UK) without copying the install folder (to avoid having to remove it again), and then got the same message "Down for Maintenance (Err 2)". I then tried adding the missing install folder, went through the same process, with upgrade process accept license and upgrade database, then deleting install folder, then going to admin still got same message "Down for Maintenance (Err 2)".

So looks like upgrading from 5.2.6 to 5.2.6 gives that message in front and admin areas.

I restored 5.2.5 folders+database from backup and all back to normal (but not security patched).

Waiting for a stable 5.2.6, it's nerving that you don't publish the last .version with the filename at very least. Keeps us making guesses.

Edited by beat

• 4 months later...

I completely agree with this post. I've upgraded to the latest version. Had the white screen. Was told by support to upgrade to the latest version and now have a DB mismatch.

Sickening that I have lost clients because they can't access their data and have moved to a more "reliable" host. Given that the server is running perfect but the "paid for" billing system is not its quite frustrating.

I can't even get my backups to work as they used to. Even after two days of trying.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Same problem here

Updated then received a blank white page with some red text saying

"Down for Maintenance (Err 2)

An upgrade is currently in progress... Please come back soon...'

Restored to original and now still saying the same error message.

What hope have I got restoring it? I lost total confidence in upgrading.

Site is no not functional at all. I will rais ea ticket and see if it can be fixed quickly.