Product Setup Question

turbo

Here's my issue:

I offer 3 web design products with 25% affiliate commissions:

Bronze - Silver - Gold

When the client order any package the client MUST choose 1 hosting plan between 3 offers:

Baby - Speedy - Dreamy with 10% affiliate commissions.

Each hosting plan has some configurable options.

How can I achieve this?

I can't use the setup fee + recurring billing as it doesn't allow separate affiliate commissions.

Thanks for your help and suggestions.

Hmm....As far as the hosting plans go, just create one group titled Web Design and the other called Hosting. Then each plan is considered a product, and then after you make the products you should be able to play with the affiliate settings.

T

Hi clamhost,

thanks for the answer,

but how to create the flow in the cart when the client select one of the design package to show the next mandatory step which is to select one of the hosting package?

This is where I don't know how to make this step mandatory.

The client must select an hosting option after having chosen the design product.

Thanks for your help.

couldn't you make bronze, silver & gold into three groups - and then add B, S & D into each of them as products...

then when someone comes to your cart, they'll see B, S & G as groups... click on one and they'll see a comparison table of Baby, Speedy & Dreamy for that design package..

Hi Brian!,

thanks for the suggestion but this is not going to work.

There's no commissions on groups and this doesn't allow to have separate commissions for design and hosting.

We should be able to add the option to add/suggest different kind of products during the purchase process.

Hi Brian!,

thanks for the suggestion but this is not going to work.

There's no commissions on groups and this doesn't allow to have separate commissions for design and hosting.

your point about commissions on groups is not really relevant as each group has three separate products and you can set commission on products - so I had just assumed you could set them to 35% (or whatever a+b actually is for each product)... effectively, they would be nine separate products that you could assign different affiliate levels to... (Bronze - Baby), (Bronze - Speedy), (Bronze - Dreamy); (Silver - Baby), (Silver - Speedy), (Silver - Dreamy); (Gold - Baby), (Gold - Speedy), (Gold - Dreamy).

you could maybe alter product names to have (x% Commission) in their titles - or tweak the invoice templates to separate the two commissions in the invoice... i.e., replace 35% with "25% + 10%"...

I can't think of a way to have two separate products (taking design & hosting as products), compulsory link their purchase and provide two separate affiliate commission levels.

We should be able to add the option to add/suggest different kind of products during the purchase process.

it's very hard to advise without knowing all the combinations you mean, but another option may be to use a slider similar to one that was posted in marketplace earlier today...

http://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?75863-Custom-Slider-configuration-for-Pricing-Pages

perhaps you could use one of the mini-sliders for choosing bronze, silver or gold... although affiliate issues might still be a problem.