Custom domains order form

Hello,

I am quite new here and I need a quick hint from you guys.

Question 1:

I am working on the domain names design of our site which will include WHMCS. I would like to know if it is possible to make WHMCS check for other extensions at the same time when a user search for one domain.

For e.g. user enters foo.com and while the result free/taken is being checked, also check a few other extensions such as foo.net foo.org foo.info foo.co foo.co.uk, etc.

Question 2:

To match our design, we may have to use these other domains. Is it possible (with some programming), to fetch these extensions and only display the extension without the name in front?

Question 3:

If you can do question 1 + question 2, please get in touch, I may be looking for a developer with those skills.

Thanks.

Greg

Hello,

I am quite new here and I need a quick hint from you guys.

Question 1:

I am working on the domain names design of our site which will include WHMCS. I would like to know if it is possible to make WHMCS check for other extensions at the same time when a user search for one domain.

For e.g. user enters foo.com and while the result free/taken is being checked, also check a few other extensions such as foo.net foo.org foo.info foo.co foo.co.uk, etc.

WHMCS can do this already...

if you take a look at the demo - http://demo.whmcs.com/ -> click on "Go To Order Form" -> click "Choose Another Category" -> Register Domain... type a word into the box and press check availability (btw on a real live system, you'd have a list of extensions in the dropdown)... if they are available, the com/net/org are shown as domains that can be added to your cart.

you can configure the additional tlds to search by logging into Admin -> Setup -> General Settings -> Domains -> Bulk Check TLDs and highlight the TLDs you want to check... you can't do this on the live demo (probably for security).

my understanding is that you can't do this by default using domainchecker.php, only by going through the cart... though with domainchecker.php, you can select multiple tld's to search using checkboxes (but demo only offers one tld !)

Question 2:

To match our design, we may have to use these other domains. Is it possible (with some programming), to fetch these extensions and only display the extension without the name in front?

well if I understand what you want - e.g you search for mydomain.com and it shows...

mydomain.com

and then, just

.net

.org etc (without mydomain) in front...

I think it could be done, as its just in a for loop... though by default removing the "mydomain" bit would remove "mydomain" from mydomain.com too.... but that could likely be fixed by a minor tweak to the for loop.

Question 3:

If you can do question 1 + question 2, please get in touch, I may be looking for a developer with those skills.

your best bet is probably to test the demo (or your own installation) and see if you like the way the search works by default.. if so, then there's some money saved!

if not, there are many users here (with far more whmcs coding experience than me!) that should be able to help... though if no one steps forward, I would have a look at it for you.

Edited by brian!