Upcoming Domain Renewal Notice

ttremain

for the domain in question, is there seven days difference between the expiry date and its due date in its WHMCS record?

I could be wrong, but to me the above implies that it's due to expire in 22 days, but the next due date is set to a week earlier...

for the domain in question, is there seven days difference between the expiry date and its due date in its WHMCS record?

I could be wrong, but to me the above implies that it's due to expire in 22 days, but the next due date is set to a week earlier...

Due date? How do you define "Due Date"?

Due date? How do you define "Due Date"?

log into your Admin, goto "Domain Registrations" in Clients and find the above domain mentioned in the notice email.

on the right hand side, there are three dates

1. registration date

2. expiry date

3. next due date

I think you misunderstood the question... LOL..

I don't mean how do you SET the due date, I mean what IS it really used for?

:oops::)

http://docs.whmcs.com/Invoicing_Issues#Items_Not_Invoicing

the Next Due Date is the date WHMCS uses to calculate when to send renewal invoices to the customer, based on the "Billing Settings" within "Automation Settings " of Admin setup... this applies to both product/services (e.g hosting) and domains.

the first item on "Billing Settings" is the "Invoice Generation" number, i.e how many days before the next due date do you want to send the first renewal invoice - I think by default it's set to 14 days.

so if you had a domain with a next due date of 15th July, and invoice generation is set to 14 (and your cron job is running), WHMCS will automatically send a renewal invoice to the customer 14 days before (1st July).

there is nothing wrong with having next due date and expiry date different - you could set NDD a week earlier so that if the invoice isn't paid 14 days later, the domain still hasn't expired... (I think we've done this for certain clients who have .eu domains) - but if you want to do this more generally, then you'll need to edit the email templates to prevent the discrepancy that you mentioned in your first post.

As you can see, I am new to WHMCS

don't worry, I've only had my licence for three months, and I still feel like a newbie! :!:

So if the system is auto generating invoices for expiring domains, what happens if the client decides not to renew the domain? Do they start getting late charges?

if they decide they don't want to renew, then there are a number of options available...

• they can log into the client area and cancel the invoice themselves.
  • they can inform you and you can log into Admin and cancel the invoice.
  • you have the option to disable late fees - either in general or on a client by client basis.
  • after the due date has passed, the client will receive email reminder(s) (if your billing settings has this feature enabled).
  • you can set when late fees start - I think the default is 30 days after due date.

in practice, we've never had an invoice get to the stage of having late fees applied yet - the clients have either renewed or informed us they no longer want it.