[Logic Report] Domain Database Table structure makes no sense.

Firstly, i know this isn't a bug, but i thought this is the place to add it as i don't think it is really a feedback matter but i think it needs looking at.The table structure surrounding the domain TLD available and pricing are somewhat odd.

[tbldomainpricing] has no pricing, it has the available TLD and their addons information.

[tblpricing] contains the domains pricing, but this too is very odd. A new row is entered for register/transfer/renew.

I believe this structure would make more sense:

[tblproducts] Available domain TLD should come under products

[tbldomainpricing] Should contain the pricing for the domains, one row for one pricing slab. so the pricing would go something like this.

[co.uk] - [clientgroup] - [register] - [transfer] - [renew]

Obviously, Default pricing for each TLD would be where [clientgroup] is empty, null or whatever option is chosen.

Edited by CDJ Hosting

you are right they could, but that would have been preferable to opening tbldomainpricing and finding no pricing lol.

maybe they are phasing out the table? or just bringing it in? i can't say noticed in the previous version as i wasn't working on that area. now i am so its come to my finicky attention :)

Anyway il look over the version logs for the last couple of versions and see that i can come up with, it should be there if its changed.