Auto Database Creation

NetworkFFX

Question

Just before we go ahead and place a WHMCS license order from one of the authorized resellers from our Dedicated Server purchase. I have a few concerns about WHMCS. I have worked as a Tech Support for a few hosting companies.

Is there any way that we would be able to automatically create a MySQL username & password upon product activation? Hopefully we can get a proper answer for this.

We are very concerned. If not, what can an alternative way to offer our clients MySQL databases so they would be able to store their databases without interfering or accessing non-authorized databases/other client database?

Cheers,

NetworkFFX

6 answers to this question

Hello,

What hosting companies had you worked for previously? WHMCS performs automated deployments of account creations on control panels where MySQL access is given by default to the user when they log in.

WHMCS itself has no default way of provisioning MySQL databases, as that's typically the task for providing grants/rights inside the Control Panel - be it cPanel, Plesk, DirectAdmin, etc.

If you wanted to set up a database cluster as then provision access to it you would need to write your own provisioning module or have a developer do it for you. I assume this is what your aiming to do?

Otherwise as Chris said generally databases are generated from the control panel that is managing the server.

I know that there are mysql management tools that can be used on a windows system for manual mysql management but i doubt this is what you are looking for.

What hosting companies had you worked for previously?

Greetings,

I have worked for Volt Host (http://www.volt-host.com), Delux Host (http://www.delux-host.com), and ServerFFS (shut down). Served over 9000 satisfied customers :o

Now back to the main subject, we're not going to be offering webhosting, but gameservers only. That's why I want to automate WHMCS to be able to send in a command for the system to be creating a database and emailing it to them too. We are willing to pay as long as the stuff are doing professionally and user-friendly-ish.

We were interested in this as well and we did as Ishan suggested and it seems to be working well. This was done for cPanel. I will try to review the code and see if it's possible to perhaps write this as an Addon module to work from within the WHMCS control panel if it is useful to others.