version 5.2.4 Domain sync cron job, php error

<br />

<b>Fatal error</b>: Call to private method WHMCS_License::decodeLocal() from context '' in <b>/home/user/whmcs/crons/domainsync.php</b> on line <b>0</b><br />

Further more, the configuration file for this.

why is there one there? there should be no need to supply the path to the file, the file is being called itself from a cron job. The file can find its own location with the php realpath() function.

Edited by CDJ Hosting

The config file is used when you put the file outside the public directory for security purposes.

I have looked into it and i should have edited the post, in any case i believe you are correct it is to securely use the realpath() function as using "./" or some other relative path might allow for an insecurity. However, if the file is outside the web path as mine is, there should be no need for it to be there as it is inaccessible without direct server access and knowledge of its location.

I think that is something entirely different to what is going on in my bug report. The config file is no issue really, it was just a side comment as i didnt think there was a good reason for it.

As far as the bug report, this worked perfectly well in version 5.1.3 when i relocated it (per whmcs documentation) to its current position, i have ammended the config file as the new one overwrote the old one silly me i missed it, but its only one line in it anyway so it was no big deal.

Anyway, the cron job works or at least it would if i wasnt getting a fatal error from the private class method thats being called from wrong place. I wish it was an open file i could have had this fixed in a matter of moments and released it.

I hate waiting like this for a fix that would take seconds.