license invalidation on Rackspace Cloud Sites

wispr

Just bought WHMCS and getting it set up. We keep keeping an invalidated license for a reason we can't quite figure out. We're running it on Rackspace Cloud sites with a Cloud Database backend. Everything installed and works perfectly. We had the site behind Cloudflare (which as an outbound proxy theoretically could change IP's) so we disabled Cloudflare (which we do not want to do long run) to avoid the changing IP issue.

License key we entered is fine, used it on the initial install and works great for a short period of time. Domain isn't changing (tld.com/whmcs) and the directory hasn't been moved or renamed. IP isn't changing any more either. I'm hoping there is a log file of some sort which tells us why the license keeps getting invalidated. I've thought about moving whmcs to its own domain and not a subdirectory, but I'd rather not buy another SSL and pay for more SSL offloading for a different domain unless I have to. Anyone else seen issues like this with license activation?

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe nobody else has ran WHMCS on Cloud Sites, but here's the issue: Rackspace uses an outbound NAT pool that presents the traffic from your site from a pool of IP's, even when you have purchased SSL offloading and they provide you with a static IP that is dedicated to just your instance on Cloud Sites. They will provide the list of IP's they use for outbound NAT's, but it would require WHMCS to support sourcing from multiple IP's to avoid getting the license invalidation.