Searching using Simple Domain Search

brian!

i'm assuming that this is a "design feature" rather than a bug and everyone must be aware of it - I did a quick forum search but couldn't find anything...

when you do a search for a domain in the default "Simple Domain Search" form of domainchecker.php, and it's available, it's added as a checkbox option below the form...

e.g search for whmcsd1.com and its available...

ok... but if you now search for another domain, say whmcsd2.co.uk and its available, it adds it below the form...

but weirdly it also renames 'whmcsd1.com' to 'whmcsd2.com' (and unchecks it) ?!?

renaming the domain seems a strange thing to do - especially as i'm not sure if it checks to see whether this renamed domain is registered or not...

obviously, if you know you're going to be searching for multiple domains, you should use the "Bulk Search" option - though whether that would occur to our customers only time will tell.

I've tried this on our own 5.2.4 installation, and also on some other WHMCS sites and all give the same result... tried it on the WHMCS demo, but there are no tld setup on it yet..

it's likely not a big problem, but thought it worth mentioning.