[NOT A BUG] Client not receiving support ticket e-mails

wham

This issue has been outstanding for a while now and I still haven't figured out what's happening. So posting here for possible new insights ....

This is the situation to date:

- Client's support tickets to support@mydomain.com goes through my WHMCS install okay.

- But e-mails sent by support@mydomain.com don't reach her.

- She's checked her spam folder, just in case - nothing there.

- She's whitelisted support@mydomain.com - but the problem persists.

- I created another e-mail account in the same domain name as hers (as I also administer her e-mails) - and the same thing happen as above.

- Her e-mail accounts are hosted by Google.

- She's the only one of my clients (quite a few of them also Google-hosted) who has this problem (ie not receiving e-mails from support@mydomain.com)

Any thoughts on what I'm dealing here and what I should do?

Thanks in advance for all your assistance.

I've seen cPanel get confused before and have a remote MX record set up in MX Entry but have the routing set to local still, but that was in older versions--haven't seen that happen for a long time.

We have clean IPs from which we send, but even so sometimes clients don't get email for one reason or another, so in an effort to increase deliverability we're sending WHMCS email through mandrill.com, a deliverability service offered by the MailChimp folks. We're using a dedicated IP with them as well so that ONLY our emails go through that sending IP.

Maybe not cost effective for a really small reseller, but with enough clients you may be able to justify it. Mandrill also gives you a nice admin dashboard where you can easily manage bounces and such that you might not ever be aware of when sending locally through WHMCS.

Apologies. This turned out to be a false report.

Somebody fiddled with the DNS record without my knowledge and caused the problem. I didn't even think of re-checking the record until you raised the possibility of an MX misconfiguration (the MX are okay, BTW).

Thanks for your assistance.