WHM Package Name, Does it need to exist?

ssoylu1996

Hi,

I have created products at the admin panel of WHMCS, however. When i go to my WHM i see that no packages are created when a hosting package is purchased. Does the package need to exist? I thought that is is created automaticly.

In module setting on the products at the 'WHM Package Name' i insert a package name something like Starter_Plan. Does this get automaticly created when the user buys it or do i need to create it before the user buys it?

If i go to my clients, then choose a client and then products/services then i choose change package, when i do that i get an error saying that the package does not exist.

Samih.

OK, so i have no root access. So if someone buys the product and they are registered for this certain package, Will i have to go back to the WHM and create a new package and then go back to the WHMCS and change the name of the package so the next time someone buys the packages dont clash and both clients have different package?

Generally you set up (for instance) Hosting package #1. Do so on the server as well as within WHMCS. Someone buys it, the server will set it up for you. A new customer comes along, buys the same package, it sets up a new account using the same settings as the first, but a new username on the server and so on.

Most providers will set up a number of different packages so customers can choose the one that suits them, and customers buy the one they like.

Oooh ok, so i understand that the same rule applies to each account but for example if account#1, uses package#1 and so does account#2, if account#2 diskspace is 80% full, then does this not cause a problem to account#1??

Edit, and if I do this.. When i edit the products do i just enter the package name that is it??

Edited by ssoylu1996

The only way it could is if you were really, really close to using all the space in your reseller account. Hosted account #1 is separate from hosted account #2, 3, 4 and so on. Each gets the specs defined in the package to use as they wish.

The only way it could is if you were really, really close to using all the space in your reseller account. Hosted account #1 is separate from hosted account #2, 3, 4 and so on. Each gets the specs defined in the package to use as they wish.

Ok, so lets say i put in the package 5GB disk space and the account#1 has used 100% but account 2 and 3 has not and my reseller diskspace is not full, this means that the account 2 and 3 are not affected?

And do i need to add any details in the fields after I specify the package name in the WHMCS?

Ok, so lets say i put in the package 5GB disk space and the account#1 has used 100% but account 2 and 3 has not and my reseller diskspace is not full, this means that the account 2 and 3 are not affected?
Right. It would be like buying a ticket to see a movie. No matter how many people buy a ticket, they all get to see the whole movie unless they fill every seat.
And do i need to add any details in the fields after I specify the package name in the WHMCS?

http://docs.whmcs.com/CPanel/WHM#Setting_Up_a_cPanel_Package

You can leave them blank. I personally fill them in anyway, for quick reference if someone calls or asks about them.