Authorize.net CIM Functionality

Speedie

Is anyone using Authorize.net with the CIM module, and if so, is it working correctly please? Specifically is it working to pass tokens back and forth for recurring payments, and allowing customers to update their cards in the client area?

Basically I need to get a tokenized gateway that works out of the box. The WHMCS module for PayPal Payflow Pro has all manner of problems, and of course 6 days after opening a support ticket I have the sum total of a single reply 3 days ago. At this point I just need to get something up and running that works. Not that I should have to switch gateways to accomodate a piece of software that I just paid $325 for, and which advertizes support for PayPal Payflow Pro reference transactions, but given how non-existent WHMCS support is these days is seems to be the only option.

Thanks in advance for any shared experiences with Authorize.net CIM.

Edited by Speedie

I was hoping to hear from someone else that it actually works before going through the process of applying for another merchant account, but alas nothing. At this point the most likely outcome is dumping WHMCS in favor of something that works as advertized and is actually supported (2 replies in 10 days to the ticket about the other gateway, neither of which suggest that anything is actually being done to resolve the problems).

I have not had any experience with that module but it has been an option for us. Did you get it running yet? If so, what's your take?

I haven't tested Authorize CIM in the latest version of WHMCS so it could be fix now. I have a client who uses version 5.0.x of WHMCS and there were some random issues with the gateway module and ended up just writing my own Authorize.net CIM module to fix the issues.

If you haven't looked at Stripe yet, that is the credit card processor I would recommend using.

WHMCS doesn't have builtin support for Stripe, however, I wrote a free open source Stripe gateway module:

Stripe Gateway Module

Thanks for the reply. Would you have any interest in coding a correctly functioning PayflowPro (PayPal) reference payments gateway module on a paid basis? Apparently I would have to pay to get source code access to attempt to fix the non-functioning included module (!) so I would prefer to spend that money on something that I know will work and comes with some accountability and support. The PPP transaction fees are considerbly lower than Stripe's it seems.

I haven't tested Authorize CIM in the latest version of WHMCS so it could be fix now. I have a client who uses version 5.0.x of WHMCS and there were some random issues with the gateway module and ended up just writing my own Authorize.net CIM module to fix the issues.

If you haven't looked at Stripe yet, that is the credit card processor I would recommend using.

WHMCS doesn't have builtin support for Stripe, however, I wrote a free open source Stripe gateway module:

Stripe Gateway Module

• 1 year later...

OK, I know this is an old thread, but the question is ageless, at least for now.

Sorry I didn't see this last year, but we have been using Authrize.net CIM since 2012. And while we had some minor issues that WHMCS support helped us work out, it has been working great since then.

Yes, the clients can CHANGE their card on file, no problem. But they can NOT delete their card (without changing it). Well, let me clarify this, you can set up WHMCS to allow the clients to delete their Card, but that adds a check box to the check out page that states "Do Not Save My Card On File", IF they check that box the card will NOT go through. Really weird, not sure why its allowed to work that way, but we have to deactivated that and the result by deactivating that check box is the client can not delete their card. However Admin can delete it of course.

Hope that helps for anyone else that might be wanting to use Authorize.net CIM.

Now, in regards to Stripe, Stripe is looking very promising. We recently changed merchant providers (moved away from CDGcommerce) and the only reason I did not go with Stripe is there isn't a WHMCS official Stripe Module. No offense to the guys that have created a 3rd party version, but something as critical as the payment module, I have been burnt once on 3rd party modules that the author has stopped supporting. That would be a disaster if it happened with a payment module.